Friday, June 1, 2012

Bogarting in Red Lodge

My best friend and I needed to get away for a bit. Our lives have been very hectic with family illness and unfortunately death. We decided that a day in Red Lodge was what we both needed. I hadn't been there in years. Snow lined the streets the week before but today was beautiful out. Warm and with a slight breeze. The smell of the mountains and Rock Creek filled my head.


We were both hungry but I knew I wanted to eat at Bogart's. This is my favorite restaurants in Red Lodge. As usual we asked for a booth. By doing this you get to be secluded from everyone else because the backs are 6ft high. But you also get to read over all the graffiti on the table and walls from over the years.




 Bogart's is an interesting combo of homemade pizzas, Mexican, and American cuisine. Of course we had to have a Montana/Mexican fusion favorite, Huckleberry Margaritas! Start your meal with the chips and salsa, even if you are not going to order Mexican. If you have ever read my blog you will see that I am a chili verde snob. Bogart's is a pork green chili with a great flavor. I had a cup with some flour tortillas and it made my mouth happy!

We decided to share the Frieda pizza. This is a classic combo with pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushrooms, & black olives. We ordered a small which was perfect for two people to share. My best friend and I were able to relax and talk about anything or nothing. Our waitress provided great service without hovering, which can be hard in these types of booths since you can't see the patrons you are waiting on.


Bogart's is a local favorite and in the evenings can be one of the busiest places in Red Lodge. Stop in and enjoy anything on the menu.



Bogart's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment