Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Working Lunch

So after years of knowing a co-worker and both being relocated from California to the DC metro area we finally had our first working lunch. All I can say is that we should have started this working lunch idea years ago. Why you ask...because he is a foodie just like I am. Chef Enzo Fargione opened his restaurant Elisir on 11th Street in Downtown near the end of 2011. The original was an Italian fine dining concept with tasting menus and the average check around $130. Fargione eventually came to realize that the expensive Italian restaurant concept wasn't working and he closed the restaurant for about 10 days and rebranded it as Osteria Elisir with a more country Italian feel. With the new decor come lower prices and more simple, home-style cooking, I had been dying to go. Most of my co-workers still felt it was too expensive for lunch and to be honest after I get off work, I really don't want to stay in the area. So when my co-worker from Cali wanted to go I was more than willing.



I ordered the Saffron Tortelli. It is filled with a creamy ricotta and spinach and served with braised veal cheeks sauce.

My co-worker got the Spinach Tagliatelle with duck ragu, porcini, Grana cheese, and red wine. I am pleased to say that my foodie co-worker was more than willing to get side plates so that we could share. All the pasta is house made and in addition, most of the times the dishes are prepared by Chef Enzo Fargione (or his sous-chef).


Osteria Elisir is one of my co-worker’s favorite places to eat and I am happy that he introduced me to it. I look forward to sharing this place with other foodie friends in the area.

Osteria Elisir on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment