Friday, August 9, 2013

The Stadium (Estadio)

After a long week at work a co-worker and I decided to go enjoy a happy hour. Estadio is a contemporary Spanish restaurant located in the Logan Circle neighborhood. The menu offers a more creative take on traditional Spanish cuisine. The pintxos, or “little bites”, is complimented by an approachable wine list. I for one have come to enjoy the tapas style of dining as I am able to try so much of the menu. 

“Pintxo Gilda” Anchovy, Olive & Piparra
And 
House Marinated Olives

This pintxo was a perfect little bite of food and a great way to whet your appetite for the rest of the meal.  It had just the right blend of sweet and savory between the olives, sweet peppers, and salami. I enjoyed this as an appetizer much more than filling up on chips and salsa or some kind of bread.





Scallops, Roasted Cauliflower
& Salbitxada


Seared Foie Gras, Vincotto
& Caramelized Apple 

The foie gras with caramelized apples was amazing. I tasted each of the components separately and the cook and flavor were great on their own. The foie gras melts in your mouth and the apples were sweet with still a bit of crispness. Once you marry the seared foie gras with a bite of the caramelized apple...perfection


I enjoy a good dessert every once in a while but apparently my co-worker is not a “sweets” fan. I ordered the manchego cheesecake. I encouraged my co-worker (who claims to be a foodie) to at least try a bite. So we both took a spoon to an edge and lifted it to our lips. We both gaped at each other across the table after we took our first bite of this dessert. There is the sweetness that you would expect from a cheesecake but a salty after taste from the creamy manchego sweeps over your tongue. This is an intense flavor change is you are a traditional cheesecake. If you normally come for happy hour specials, rethink and save room for dessert, well for this cheesecake. I also recommend not sharing.


Estadio on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment