Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Memories

I traveled to Washington, DC for Memorial Day. A time to honor & remember those who have served this great country and the world to keep us safe. I have lost family & friends to war. Many people spend the long holiday weekend enjoying BBQ. I spent this year at grill that gives an amazing view Washington's memorials.  I enjoyed a dinner w/ my mother and a wonderful friend of the family.
We shared fresh french bread & amazing homemade pesto. We toasted to my aunt who recently passed away, as this was her favorite place to eat in DC. She spent many Memorial Days in DC and would eat at this grill every time she was in DC.






It will not be the same without her. 

I will keep her tradition to enjoy bread with pesto and the famed crab cakes. I will honor & remember all that she lived & fought for. I will remember all she taught me about cooking and culture. And especially in DC, I will never forget that politics are best discussed over great food & drink.



Chesapeake Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment