Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipe Testing

This weekend is supposed to be cold and rainy on the East Coast. We may even get some very lovely snow. So I figured I would get into the cold weather spirit and try out some recipes that I am debating on making for Thanksgiving this year. Thanksgiving is THE food sharing holiday of the year. The holiday is to honor the good-will sharing of food and building relationships with people, which is the whole premise behind my blog. So I am trying out an appetizer recipe today that I think my father will love, Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites. And I am making a squash and carrot soup to keep me warm in this Fall weather. I am currently roasting the squash and carrots in the oven for the soup so I will post that recipe later...once I figure out what I am going to put in it :-) Below please find the recipe for the jalapeno bites.

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites

8 chicken tenders, flattened and cut in two (I prefer breast meat)
3-ounce package softened cream cheese
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
8 slices favorite bacon (mine is peppered bacon but I couldn't find any at the grocery store), cut in half

1. Dab 1/2 teaspoon (more or less) of cream cheese on top of each chicken tender. Sprinkle a scant 1/4 teaspoon of peppers over cream cheese. Fold or roll chicken to enclose cream cheese mixture. Wrap each roll with one piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.

2. Grill until bacon is brown and crispy on both sides.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment