Thursday, December 15, 2011

Some Voodoo and Wine

I had a wonderful evening with my best friend eating dinner at Bin 119 and then attending the Christmas concert for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.  Bin 119 is the Billings area wine bar and was packed for the BBVD concert.  My only qualm with the wine choices available is that their selection does not include Port due to liquor license restrictions.
 

I have eaten at this restaurant when they first opened and enjoyed their Angus Crab, which is no longer on the menu.  My best friend and I ordered two dishes to share, lobster mac & cheese and a tenderloin filet.  The lobster mac & Cheese was delicious.  Perfect combination of lobster and creaminess.

 

 The tenderloin filet was cooked to medium rare perfection.  A restaurant offering steak will not survive in Billings if they can not prepare a perfect medium rare steak. I enjoyed my steak with a glass of Kaiken (Malbec).


After the concert we returned to partake in some very yummy looking desserts.  The Chocolate Flite (Dutch chocolate cups filled with milk chocolate mousse & fresh berries) was sinfully delicious.  The chocolate mousse was decadent and smooth.  It was perfectly paired with a glass of Layer Cake Primitivo.


The cheesecake of the day was peppermint.  I enjoyed the dark chocolate crust that offset the peppermint sweetness of the cheesecake.





Bin 119 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment